We’re Hiring an Administrative Assistant
Employment Hamilton (EH) has been delivering employment and training services to clients and employers since 1972. Funded by Employment Ontario, EH offers employment counselling, a Resource and Information Centre, Better Jobs Ontario and other programs / services. We operate on a continuous improvement model in every facet of our services.
EH prides itself on providing superior service in a welcoming environment that promotes integrity and respect. We are looking for an outgoing individual who enjoys working with a diverse clientele; a team player who is eager to learn, is a skilled listener, resourceful and excels in written and verbal communication.
This role is for 8 months, covering for a maternity leave. There is a possibility of an extension.
Retention – Overall, manage all clients in retention, collecting pay stubs and helping to ensure success towards the attainment of 1 year of employment.
- Using Excel, create and maintain data from FCC (software) to track participants throughout their 12- month retention period.
- Contact clients via phone, text and email to verify employment status, receive appropriate pay stubs, assess their needs for financial or other supports to assist with maintaining employment
- Identify any personal and social problems that may arise while being employed and work with clients towards resolution, including making appropriate referrals
- Track and issue financial support requests
- Identify any personal and social problems that may arise while being employed and work with clients towards resolution, including making appropriate referrals and consulting their Employment Counsellor
- Maintain accurate / timely documentation in FCC software as required
- Verify data accuracy through various reports
- Assist Resource Centre visitors with activities related to job search including how to apply online, resources for resume writing, job search, the labour market, etc.
- Support the team with activities/duties that will come up from time to time
- Back up assistance with managing incoming referrals recording follow-up to set appointments according to funder’s standards
- Back up support for reception, answering phones, booking appointments, making reminder calls
- Maintain systems to ensure full and accurate completion of all duties in a timely manner
- Communicate, in a team setting, opportunities, ideas and information to assist with the successful outcomes of all clients and goals of the organization
- Apply effective problem-solving, judgement and creativity in carrying out all responsibilities
- The ability to successfully and professionally carry out the responsibilities listed above
- Resourceful, organized and outgoing with a sincere interest in helping others
- An interest in learning and sharing knowledge regarding AODA, Employment Standards and Human Rights legislation, etc.
- Excellent client service skills to successfully support and motivate clients
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with the Hamilton area, including community resources
- Demonstrated ability to use excellent judgment, establish rapport and communicate effectively with a diverse clientele
- Proficiency in in MS Office, highly skilled in Excel, with the ability to use to its fullest potential to accurately track and report correct data
- Enthusiastic team player with strong time management skills
- Ability to clearly document and accurately maintain all records and data management systems
- The ability to work outside of usual office hours as required to contact employed clients (flexible) Anticipated to be a few hours a month but depends on clients in retention at the time.
- Basic technical ability to operate pcs and printers including troubleshooting and problem-solving
- A vehicle is an asset
Interested candidates who possess the above qualifications, have good judgment and are empathetic to the unemployed are invited to apply
- Email your letter and resume in ONE PDF attachment to HR@EmploymentHamilton.com with the subject line Administrative Assistant.
- In order to be considered, YOUR LETTER MUST INCLUDE YOUR WEEKLY SALARY EXPECTATION. EH is a not-for-profit organization. We offer a comprehensive benefits package after 4 months. Usual weekly hours are 35.5.
Resumes will be reviewed as they arrive with a final deadline of January 23/23. This position may be filled PRIOR TO January 23rd , as interviews will begin asap.
No telephone enquiries please.
To be considered for employment, a satisfactory Police Criminal Record / Vulnerable Sector Search is required. Accessibility accommodations are available for the recruitment process upon request. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation. Employment Hamilton is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants but only those considered will be contacted