We’re Hiring a Receptionist (Post Secondary Student)
Employment Hamilton has been delivering employment and training services since 1972. Funded by Employment Ontario, EH offers employment counselling, Resource and Information Centre, Better Jobs Ontario and other services.
We require a student receptionist from April/early May to September 1 to cover for vacationing staff.
This is a full-time position Mon – Thurs 8:30 to 5:00, Friday 8:30-3:00 – 35.5 hours weekly. $20.00 hr.
- Provide information and services in welcoming, friendly and non-judgemental manner
- Answer phones, provide information, direct queries, book workshop participants, etc.
- Welcome clients, providing information on our services and ensuring they are connected with the right service to
meet their needs
- Type resumes following internal processes
- Assist job seekers in the Resource Centre to use computers, attend training, and provide information on
- Receive referrals, contact clients via phone / email and update referral source
- Attending post-secondary and returning to school in the fall
- Friendly and outgoing personality with a genuine interest in serving our clients
- Good judgement, able to effectively troubleshoot and apply problem solving techniques
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and communicating effectively by email
- Quick learner, motivated to work effectively with minimal oversight
- Proven organizational skills, flexible and supportive team player
- Excellent vocabulary/spelling
- Strong communication skills both in writing and in person
To be considered – please include in your letter:
The date you are available for employment and confirm you are available until Sept 1. If you have any commitments for vacation, please include the dates as well.
To Apply: Include letter and resume in ONE PDF ATTACHMENT HR@EmploymentHamilton.com
Selected applicants will be considered / interviewed as resumes are received. Final deadline is May 5/23 but the position is expected to be filled ASAP.
Accessibility accommodations are available for the recruitment process upon request.