We’re Hiring a Program Assistant Summer Student
Employment Hamilton has been delivering employment and training services since 1972. Funded by Employment Ontario, EH offers employment counselling, Resource and Information, Second Career, Youth Job Link, Canada-Ontario Job Grant and other services. A strong focus on providing superior, personalized service in a welcoming environment is an important part of our Customer Service Standard.
This is a full-time temporary summer position. Candidate must be available for the entire summer, until August 31.
- Mon – Thurs – 8:30-5:00 (some Tuesday evenings until 7:00 pm) and Fridays 8:30-3:00
As this is a funded position, please see qualifications for student status and age below.
- Provide superior customer service in person and over the phone
- Assist job seekers and employers with information on services
- Contact clients, receive and sort candidates regarding job opportunities
- Assist with marketing Youth Job Link to employers and youth (including students)
- Obtain and post job opportunities, screen resumes and match candidates
- Create quality resumes and marketing letters
- Administer our online Job Board
- Supervise WHMIS, Smart Serve and other training sessions
- Cover reception when required – answer phones, greet clients, respond to queries
- File, move files to storage, fill in for and otherwise assist other staff as assigned
With funding from Canada Summer Jobs, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria.
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
- Friendly, outgoing personality with strong customer service skills in person and over the phone
- Excellent written communication
- Proficient in Word and Excel with accurate keyboarding skills for data entry
- Quick learner motivated to high standards of service and able to work effectively with minimal oversight
- Flexible and supportive team player who demonstrates good judgement
Please submit your letter and resume detailing your qualifications in relation to our requirements.
Email letter and resume in ONE PDF ATTACHMENT Subject line: “Program Assistant” Send to HR@EmploymentHamilton.com
Resumes will be reviewed as they arrive. This posting becomes inactive on the anticipated start date of May 23.
To be considered for employment, a satisfactory Police Criminal Record / Vulnerable Sector Search is required. Accessibility accommodations are available for the recruitment process upon request. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation. Employment Hamilton is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants but only those considered will be contacted.