Are you a student 15-29 years of age and looking for work?
Whether you’re looking for your first job or your fifth, we can help!
- Develop a resume that gets you noticed
- Discover how to find job opportunities
- Get tips on successful interviews
- Identify current and future employment outlooks
- Learn about your rights on the job and how to work safely
- Job postings on the EH Job Board
- First time job seekers may receive financial supports to help with transportation / work clothing / equipment with Youth Job Link. Plus, additional job placement assistance can match you with your first job
THE RIGHT FIT
This one hour interactive workshop is jam-packed with information and resources to help you define your career path and ensure that your next steps are the right steps.
- Determine your fit for short and long-term career goals
- Match your career choices to fit with forecasted demands in the labour market
- Target your job search so it fits a variety of industries
Feeling lost and off course? Let us help you map your route to success!
READY. SET. WORK!
Whether you are looking for your first job experience or you are ready to embark on your chosen career, this workshop will provide you with the tools you need to find that job and keep it!
Ready. Set. Work! is focused on job search and readiness to coach you on:
- How to write a killer resume, complete a successful job search and ace an interview
- Basics about Employment Standards and Young Worker Safety Awareness and how to expand on that knowledge to protect yourself at work
- How to integrate into an existing team – learn how to show your new boss your value and avoid rookie mistakes!
OMG, I GOT THE JOB! NOW WHAT?
Personal management, lifelong learning and effective networking are just a few skills that will help you remain competitive at work and provide you with the foundation needed to advance your career.
Let us help you build a career advancement plan from maintaining a professional social media presence to achieving a work / life balance.
How to Get Assistance:
More options to increase your job search success and qualifications:
"Thanks for your help. The information I got from the workshop was helpful. I have found a job, so I don’t need your help anymore!" - B.L.
"I want to thank you so much for assisting me in my job search. I strongly recommend the workshop. I got the job I am very happy. Thank you!" - A.M
"The workshop was extremely effective and I am excited I attended. I would strongly recommend it because I think it will help greatly." - D.S.
"I wanted to thank you for everything you have done for my daughter. She is so excited to start her job tomorrow. When talking to my daughter, I believe the connection and approach you take makes the world of difference to these youth. It did to her. I am very thankful she connected with you. Sometimes it only takes one amazing person to make the world of difference. Thank you so much."
"I am excited and nervous to start my first job. I want to thank you for all of your help, not just sending me jobs but also by helping me with my resume, my knowledge of the hiring process and my confidence!" - J.H.